Summer Russian and Ukrainian Language Program
Program duration: 2, 3, or 4 weeks
Starting dates: July, August
Accommodations: Students' choices: host family, modern university dormitory, or separate studio apartment (extra fee).
Levels available: Beginner, Elementary, Intermediate, and Advanced
Class schedule: 20 lessons per week, Mon - Fri 9:00 am - 1:00 pm., 45 min. lessons + breaks
Class size: max. 2 - 4 students
Program fee Depends on length of program:
- 2 weeks - $1250 USD
- 3 weeks - $1600 USD
- 4 weeks - $1800 USD
Included in program fee
- Registration fee ($300 USD) due six weeks before beginning of course
- Placement test
- 20 hours of in-class instruction a week
- Accommodation with a host family (breakfast included)*
- Transfer to and from airport or railway station
- Certificate of program completion
- At least one weekend sightseeing tour
*Other accommodation options may require a supplementary charge
Program organizers will make sure participants have chances to meet people and attend cultural and sporting events.
- Tour of downtown Kyiv, including Orange Revolution sites
- Tours of Kiev’s many ancient churches and monasteries
- Museum tours: World War II museum, Pirohovo museum of traditional architecture, Chernobyl museum
- Tours of Ukrainian art gallery, Mariinsky Palace, and the botanical garden.
* At students' request these tours may be substituted for longer tours to other cities such as Lviv, Odessa or Chernihiv (for an additional charge).
** More weekend tours will be included if group size permits
Optional afternoon classes
- Ukrainian and Russian cuisine
- Traditional Ukrainian Easter egg painting (Pysanka eggs)
- Matrioshka painting
- Traditional Ukrainian embroidery and woodcarving
- Ukrainian (Russian) traditional dancing and singing classes